We are committed to attracting, mentoring and developing the best researchers and offer a variety of research opportunities for scientists, research assistants and technicians.
We encourage a collaborative learning environment through the mentoring of scientists by world leaders in their field and the provision of dedicated weekly research and education seminars, including:
- The Paul Korner Seminar Series (presented by students and post-docs);
- Weekly Education Seminars (presented by Faculty, Senior scientists and distinguished scientists, covering specific topics);
- The Barbara Ell Seminar Series (held monthly, with seminars from distinguished Australian scientists);
- Other special seminars, held on an ad hoc basis;
- And all of our researchers have a standing invitation to attend any Garvan/AMR seminars and the annual Victor Chang Institute Symposium.
We run a ‘grant clinic’ each year to help investigators plan and write grant applications and to also give researchers experience in reviewing applications.
Every lab holds regular group meetings where general Institute business is discussed, as well as the status of all research projects.
Together with our on-campus partners, including the Garvan Medical Research Institute, Applied Medical Research and St Vincent’s Hospital, we often host international visitors present on-site seminars, at lab meetings and in one-on-one meetings with members of the Institute.
We are committed to promoting and maintaining the highest standards of integrity and accountability in the conduct of academic research, and endorse a culture of honesty and transparency in all our activities. We are a publicly financed institution, with funding enabling us to provide essential resources to our research community.
To apply for the positions below, please email Victor Chang Recruitment at email@example.com
ASK THE INSTITUTE
Do you have a question but cannot find the answer?ask the institute