Victor Chang PhD Scholarship
Become a ‘Victor Chang Scholar’
We are proud to support and invest in the future of PhD students, and our objective is to develop the next generation of researchers. To this end, we are delighted to offer the ‘Victor Chang Scholarship’ for 2015.
This prestigious scholarship is available to a gifted young PhD student, enabling them to:
• Collaborate with world-leading faculty;
• Have access to the finest laboratories and equipment;
• Receive excellent mentoring and one-on-one supervision;
• Be part of a collaborative learning environment that includes weekly research and education seminars;
• Experience a research culture that values excellence, integrity, professionalism and mutual respect;
• Carry the prestigious title of ‘Victor Chang Scholar’ on their CV
The successful Victor Chang Scholar will receive a top-up of $10,000 (in addition to the standard $6,000 top up PhD students receive), per annum. This equates to an additional $30,000 funding support over a three-year PhD.
• Only full-time APA (or equivalent) University Scholarship holders are eligible to apply
• The Scholar must be under the supervision of either an Institute Laboratory Head, or Honorary Fellow
• Research must be undertaken on the St Vincent’s Campus (required field work offsite is acceptable)
• Research must be aligned with the strategic objectives and priorities of the Institute
• Research by coursework is ineligible
• Applications will be assessed on the basis of the proposed research project, academic results and (if applicable) research track record
• The applicant must not be in receipt of any other top up stipend
• No extensions beyond the third year of candidature will be provided
Once you have liaised with the relevant Institute laboratory head in relation to a proposed research project, and have applied for your PhD & APA, you may then apply for the Victor Chang Scholarship.
Completion and submission of application form
• The first page provides information only and should not be submitted with the application.
• Complete ALL sections (make a note “N/A” in sections that are not applicable).
• Applications to be submitted to the HR Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• Closing date 16 January 2015
SCIENTIST STRIKES GOLD IN...
WOMEN AGAINST HEART DISEASE...
Life Changing Diagnosis
ASK THE INSTITUTE
Do you have a question but cannot find the answer?ask the institute